Thursday, January 26, 2012

Small Girl with a Cat

A Small Girl with a Cat
Theophile-Alexandre Steinlen (1859-1923)
1889
Petit Palais, Geneva

I just came across this fabulous painting in a book at work, The Cat: 3500 Years of the Cat in Art. This is not an artist I'm familiar with nor is it the best painting I've ever seen, but I love how the girl is holding the cat and the pink in black. The media and size of the painting are unknown. It does look like the artist was a fan of cats: http://www.steinlen.net/main.php?g2_itemId=94

Steinlen was most well known for his illustration work in France, designing fabulous posters like the one to the left. Yay for cats!

5 comments:

the pedigree artist said...

Hello! I love that you mentioned this book! I am a animal artist and just blogged about artists paintings cats. I would love for you to tell me what you think!

Christine

friv 5 said...

With what can be provided to those who need and I believe that your website is good.

Web design company said...

Thanks for your information .

dissertation help service said...

So wonderful work and you are so creative. Visit my site: Dissertation help service

John said...

Thank you so much for share such a wonderful information.I got different information from this post.Simple but it is very informative.I searched many resources for improving my writing.I am sure this post helpful for all the readers.