Monday, January 2, 2012

Tis a New Year

Hello!! It has been close to a year since I was last active on this blog. Many have said they missed it and I realized that I missed too. I still come across new and and old loves of art every day, so I am going to do my best to regularly share it. I may change the blog format soon, possibly switch to wordpress, but will keep you posted on any changes. In the meantime, I do hope you will come back to reading it and freely comment. Thanks for your support!!!

Today, I share an amazing interactive installation by Yayoi Kusama.

Obliteration Room

I am only posting an image of the first stage of the installation, do click on the link above to see the transformation, it's wonderful. (Image on the right from the Colossal Art & Design blog) The installation, is part of Kusama’s Look Now, See Forever exhibition currently at the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane, Australia.

I was able to wander through a Kusama installation at the Mattress Factory in Pittsburgh, a few months back. It was quite the experience and I have to say, I quite enjoyed it, enough to go commercial and buy a magnet. (Image to the right is Infinity Dots Mirrored Room, 1996, long term loan to Mattress Factory from their website)

No comments: