Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New York City

It says Tuesday up there but this is actually Wednesday!

So this is supposed to be a "Work" of the day and this week I am focusing on architecture, which means one building. Alas, in my search for a great image and thoughts of finding something in New York City, I became happily and overwhelmingly inundated with NYC. This is what happens to a recent transplant out of the city. I miss it dearly and even historic photographs of buildings I've never seen hit me. I've discovered a website focused on New York architecture Images (yet to figure out much about who has put it together or anything else) but it is chock full of wonder. I can't pick one so I am including some links to the site and popping here for some immediate eye candy a shot I took of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in April when I was back (alas just visiting) in my favorite city.

Indulge me and take a look at Greenpoint, Brooklyn , my home for 2 years.

A fantastic resource is the NYPL (New York Public Library)'s Digital Gallery. See here their collection of Photographic Views of New York City 1870s-1890s, One of many collections on the site. I'll leave you with one more shot of the city, a view of the Time Warner towers (the 2 towers, which are connected on the bottom form the Time Warner Center) from Central Park.

So, take a break from work and visit one of the greatest cities in the world. (I'm going to refrain from telling you how I really feel about the city :)

No comments: